The Russian Pension Fund (the “Pension Fund”) has published a new form of document to replace a SNILS card when people are hired.
Starting from 29 September 2019, information regarding registration within the system of individual (personalised) record-keeping must be confirmed by a new electronic document, a notification. The form of, and the filing procedure for, such a document has been approved by the Pension Fund’s Resolution No. 335p dated 13 June 2019. The notification must contain the same information as was previously indicated in the SNILS:
- insurance number;
- the employee’s full name;
- date and place of birth;
- registration date in the system of individual (personalised) record-keeping.
It is possible to obtain the notification via the following:
- an individual’s personal account on the website of the Pension Fund;
- the public services portal;
- a territorial body of the Pension Fund or a Multifunctional Center for State and Municipal Services.
Please be reminded that because of the SNILS transitioning to electronic from starting from 1 April this year, a candidate may present to an employer the following documents during the hiring process:
- a SNILS card issued before 1 April 2019;
- a document confirming registration within the system of individual record-keeping (which is now the notification).
If an employer hires an employee without a registered personalised personal account, it should submit to the Pension Fund the information required to register such employee within the system.
Please contact Acsour on how employment legislation should be applied.