Employers will have to vaccinate against measles
Legal Digest \ 16.04.2019Employers (companies and individual entrepreneurs) have to vaccinate their foreign employees against measles by 31 December 2019.
According to Resolution No.2 of the Russian Chief State Sanitary Doctor dated 6 March 2019, vaccination should be ensured with respect to those expatriates who:
- have never had measles before;
- have no vaccination against measles, or information about such vaccination.
- for legal entities – a fine of RUB 10,000 to RUB 20,000, or an administrative suspension of business for up to 90 days;
- for officers of legal entities – a fine of RUB 500 to RUB 1,000;
- for individual entrepreneurs – a fine of RUB 500 to RUB 1,000, or an administrative suspension of business for up to 90 days.
- officially demand that its foreign employees undergo vaccination (e.g. issue a Vaccination Order and send written notification to its foreign employees).
- obtain a vaccination refusal in writing from its employees.
- suspend foreign employees who have not undergone vaccination. The company may not impose disciplinary liability on such an employee. The employee will be suspended until he/she undergoes vaccination. The employee will, however, lose his/her salary.