“Russian courts and authorities of the Judicial Department will be able to resume their work in the previous mode starting from May 12, 2020,” – the Judicial Department of the Supreme Court informs in its Letter.
According to the text of the document, the work of the courts will be carried out in full and with employees who are determined by the staffing table. An exception will be made only for those employees who have been infected with a coronavirus infection and who have been in contact with persons who have been infected.
In such case, during the performance of their activities the courts must comply with the conditions of high alert regime introduced in the territorial entity of the Russian Federation and observe the requirements of the Chief State Sanitary Doctor of the Russian Federation in terms of sanitary and epidemiological standards, including:
– maintaining social distance between people;
– use of individual protective gear;
– compliance with the regime of self-isolation in relation to a certain category of citizens (persons aged 65 years and older, patients with acute respiratory viral infection (ARVI) and those who have been in contact with them).
Please note that each judicial authority has the right to independently determine:
– the working mode. Some courts may restrict or suspend the reception of citizens, and only accept participants in legal proceedings.
– rules for visiting the court-house by persons. Visiting courts may be carried out both in the ordinary course and with the issuance of special passes;
– the procedure for conducting the legal trial. The legal trial may be conducted in the court-house, or using a video- or telephone communications system;
– rules for consideration of litigation cases. Courts may set an individual time duration for consideration and familiarization of participants in the process with the case information. Also, some case types may not be considered at all at a personal appointment.
– the procedure for providing and receiving documents involved in the legal trial.
To clarify the nuances associated with the working mode of the judicial authorities, it is recommended to contact their official website.
Please be reminded that an access to all courts is restricted until May 11, and the process of consideration of litigation cases is suspended. Exceptions are litigation cases that are urgent in nature, as well as cases of writ and summary proceedings. In this case, it is recommended to send documents in electronic form (via the Internet reception offices of courts or by mail).
You can contact to the specialists of the Acsour Legal Department in the matters of the company’s participation in the legal trial and monitoring information on the working mode of courts.
Document: The Letter of the Judicial Department of the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation No. SD-AG/667 dated 7/5/2020, the Resolution of the Presidium of the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation No. 821 dated April 8, 2020.