What do we remember about 2021 for Acsour? It’s time to sum up the results and remember the challenges and difficulties that the company had to face – the pandemic, rising prices, the ongoing surge of inflation and others. However, owing to professional qualifications and well-coordinated teamwork, as well as the trust of clients and partners, we can say that the year ended successfully:
- Increase in revenues in core business areas (accounting outsourcing, payroll accounting, HR record management) was 23% from the previous year.
- Acsour has expanded the geography of its services by adding clients from Belarussia and Uzbekistan to its portfolio.
- The company has implemented electronic document flow for personnel and corporate document flow, which allows employees to effectively perform their duties in the conditions of remote and hybrid work formats.
- The staffing list of the company increased by 15%.
- Acsour manages to fulfill its obligations to clients in the conditions of constantly changing legislation. Thus, for example, in 2021, 150 changes were processed only in terms of employment legislation. In 2022, more than 230 changes are expected in employment legislation and certificates in the field of labour protection.
- More than 12,000,000 rubles was returned to clients from the Social Insurance Fund of the Russian Federation by the payroll department.
- More than 13,000 reports on the movement of client personnel have been submitted to state authorities.
- More than 7,000 internal tickets were processed by the IT department.
- The company has passed the first test of the recertification cycle for compliance with ISO/IEC 27001:2013.
- Acsour employees acted as speakers at 15 events, became the authors of more than 20 articles in various business publications.
Behind these results is the hard work of the entire Acsour team, as well as a caring attitude towards projects and clients. We also thank our clients and partners for collaborative work and trust, without you we would not have achieved these results.